- About 70% of all salespeople working today don’t have the right “Sales Skills” or they are selling in the wrong industry
- When looking to hire salespeople, look for two key characteristics: high ego drive and high empathy
- Rather than hiring industry experience, look for “the athlete and teach them the sport”
- Approximately 80% of all sales are won by only 20% of the sales force (The Pareto Principle)
- When hiring a new salesperson, use a sales assessment tool to measure their true sales ability
- Most hiring managers place too much emphasis on a person’s resume and experience rather than on a person’s true passion to sell
- One of the keys to making good sales hiring decisions is realizing the characteristics of a new employee: things that are easy to change…those that are harder but doable…those that are very difficult to change
- Most salespeople change jobs not because of money, but because of a lack of appreciation and not enough “psychic income” from their employer
The Sales Recruiting Blog
TOP Sales Recruiting TIPS
Do you need to hire a top 20% sales person?
A Proven Sales Recruitment and Sales Staffing Firm
We deliver more than the average sales recruiting firms. We help you drive new sales with our unique sales assessment test, by measuring a candidate’s true sales ability, and with custom sales playbooks, providing salespeople a proven sales process for improving sales and driving growth.
Recent Sales Blog Posts
Get the Sales Recruiting for Success Guide, and Start to grow your sales. FREE!
We respect your privacy. Your email will never be shared or sold.