During the last 20 years our companies have met with over 2,500 business leaders from many different industries. Along the way we have found that the majority of these entrepreneurs launched their businesses with a good idea and the passion to succeed. Many also started with very little money but they persisted and won.
The Right Answers
New ideas and innovation are started by asking the “right” questions and then listening to find better ways to do a better job. We have learned that the questions are really the answers in helping small businesses grow. We believe we know what the right questions are…to get to the right answers for your business success.
Many owners of small businesses have experienced numerous setbacks in launching their businesses. Through passion and perseverance, they overcame adversity and learned it is not about how many times you get hit … it’s about how many times you get back up that really counts.
Your business success is really not about how much money you spend on increasing sales. It’s about making the right decision by hiring proven sales professionals and then providing a solid sales track for them to run on. SALESTALENT can help you with both.
Founder & President
President / Franchisee Association
Jack and his wife began their entrepreneurial life by purchasing a direct marketing franchise for Georgia. Within 3 years their franchise was in the top 4% in sales volume throughout the U.S. Jack was also elected by the franchisees to be President of their Franchisee Association for two successive terms. In addition, he co-wrote the national franchise Sales Training program for all new franchisees.
Founder & Publisher
COMPETITIVE EDGE MAGAZINE
After the franchise was sold, Jack was the founder of “Competitive Edge” magazine, a resource for executives and business leaders. The magazine included articles about sales and marketing, technology, finance, HR, and other relevant business topics. The writers were subject matter experts in their industries. It was sold in bookstores and by subscription.
Advisory Board Member
Jack was elected to serve on the SBDC/UGA board for a 2-year term to help provide guidance and advice for the advancement of small businesses in Georgia.
The 21 Laws of Sales Success by Jack Scherer – a book that describes 21 key principles to drive more sales … a must read for all sales professionals.
Selling to the Heart by Jack Scherer – learn how most sales are really won…sell to the heart first, the head second … provide trust, solve problems & build relationships.
Driving Profit: Start Your Own Business Service & Win by Jack Scherer – a hands-on guide to help entrepreneurs develop a winning business.
SALESTALENT has conducted sales and marketing seminars and workshops for the following universities and associations:
- The University of Georgia/SBDC
- Georgia Tech/ATDC
- Georgia Society of CPAs
- Kennesaw State University
- Clayton College and University
- Furman University
- Build Expo Conferences
- GA Dept of Economic Dev.
- Atlanta Home Builders Association
- Georgia Association of Personnel Services (GAPS)
- Printing Association of Georgia (PIAG)
- Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)—Atlanta chapter
- American Women’s Society of CPAs-Georgia
- …and many more
Through his business accomplishments, Jack and his companies have received national publicity in USA Today, Success Magazine, Franchising World, Advertising Age, AdWeek, and other publications.
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
- CROSSROADS CAREER MINISTRY – Jack received permission to start this ministry at his church to help people who were at a crossroads in their career. For 8 years this ministry provided programs on resume development, networking, interviewing skills and job fairs.
- PARISH COUNCIL – he was elected to the Church Parish Council for two terms, providing advice and ideas for the direction of the church
- ST. VINCENT DE PAUL SOCIETY – worked as a case worker visiting families in financial need and provided funds through SVDP and the church
- AMERICAN CORPORATE PARTNERS(APC-USA) – as a military veteran, Jack works as a mentor in assisting veterans in their transition from the armed services to the civilian workforce. His focus is on helping veterans launch their own businesses.
Goals Are Good / Non-Profit
Jack will be launching “Goals are Good” in the near future, a non-profit association to teach young children the power of goal setting. The structure of this program will be interactive games. It will stress personal involvement for each child to increase their ability to learn the value of setting and reaching personal goals.
B.A. Communication Arts
U.S. Army – 9th Infantry Division
Army Commendation Medal